“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Thursday, January 18, 2018

2018 word of the year

How many of you pick a word for the year?  My word this year is consistency!
Here is a photo from my creative journal about consistency.
I started a bullet journal this year and I am taking a class that will help me be more consistent....in areas where I want to do things on a regular basis!  Since I am retired I can do whatever I want.....right?  But there are so many things that I want to do every single day........... 
be creative every day............write more blog posts...........my online classes...........journaling........
my quilting projects............exercise.............more challenges in my FB group............the list goes on...

I am in a group that chose 12 UFO projects to do and number them.  Someone picks a number each month and that is the one to work on..........fun....hope it gets me moving some of these projects. 

I have gone over a month without much sewing or quilting....we had new flooring put in our house and it has been hectic moving things from one place to another and packing things away....keeping furniture in the middle of some rooms till baseboards were done.....etc... Now it is done and time to get things put back but I am getting rid of a lot of stuff that I don't use and don't need anymore!

I would like to get my goal amount of steps every day but I do the best I can and most days I do get my goal.  The last photo was taken last week on our walk.....it had just rained and the leaves were falling because of the wind and rain.  Looks more like a fall photo rather than January but it is different here in California.  The leaves all drop off the trees about this time of year and before long there will be buds out and it will be more like spring.  I do love snow and winter too....but I really enjoy our weather.  I decided to add this photo to my header.....fun to crunch through the leaves!!

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!