“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Christmas mini quilt and coaster


 Blissful happy sewing................this mini quilt is so fun to make....
I needed a Christmas mini in the spot where I had a Halloween mini hanging!...

sewing on a muslin foundation and no exact measuring of pieces....
finger pressing after each strip....such a delightful sewing project!
 Photos of the front and back before quilting...Laurel Burch fabrics.............
 photo of when it was in progress........
 Coaster where I quilted front and back separately....
 the back was a charm square quilted....separate batting on each piece...

photo before I put the top right sides together and stitched and then trimmed the excess...

So I had two finishes this week (small ones).....a nice break from some of my other larger projects

Some of the other projects I am working on....Allietare (Quiltvile............Another Part of Me (FB Gudrun's Quilt Crew)......Little Wishes (Pat Sloan).....Sloanie swap blocks......

Linking to crazy mom quilts finish it up Friday...
and Connie at Freemotion by the River...Linky Tuesday...

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

6 comments:

  1. Really happy looking, Caryl! So, the coaster had 2 layers of batting? Love the fussy cut cat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah...yes 2 layers of batting. I usually quilt after putting both layers together. On this one I quilted each one separately and then joined them which works good when you want to cover the ends of the stitching.

      Delete
  2. The center kitty is so cute. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan...you can't go wrong with a fussy cut kitty for the center!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!