“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Creative play

Here is a big pile of 1 1/2" strips sewn together light to dark....
I used my Go cutter to cut up some of my fabrics into strips...
No idea what I am using them for.....just sewing away.....
 Then I started cutting them into "twosies" ready when I decide how to use them..

I went to the sewing machine yesterday instead of munching on snacks....
It was a great distraction.....
I had walked 5 miles with Leslie Sansone DVD and I was feeling real good...
Being on Weight Watchers keeps you tracking all of your food you eat and all of your exercise...
Most of the time I am doing okay keeping my points within proper range....
but anyone trying to do this knows how difficult it is sometimes....
I was not about to eat up the activity points that I had sweated so hard to get!!

I am thankful for my creative hobbies...specifically sewing when I can get lost with putting the petal to the medal!
Back to creative subject...
Today I read this blog post from 15 Minutes of Play....
It was about making tiny little blocks for a mini quilt....
I have a lot of little pieces and it sounded like fun....
but I did not start off small enough....
I will be making more and see how small I can get the blocks!
It is fun to use up all of these little pieces that I can't bear to throw away....
Back to the fun...

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

3 comments:

  1. Caryl, Victoria came to our shop to talk abouther 15 minutes of play book. She was so much fun and such a warm friendly person.
    Looks like you are having lots of scrappy fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your comment on the 15 Minutes blog and came to see what you were making. If you want ideas for your twosies, check out Bonnie Hunter's site at quiltville.blogspot.com. She has loads of free patterns and a great book on Leaders and enders with lots of great ideas. Love what you've done with your made fabric - great colours. It is hard to go really small ... I did a piece but it isn't as small as some of the others taking part!
    PS: Good luck with the WW. I lost 3 stone with them a few years ago and have kept it off :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twosies are always fun to make and guess what!!!! I have that same rosebud raspberry fabric! I used to use it in a lot of things. I need to get my Leslie DVD out that I bought as it is starting to get cold here for walking. Congrats on doing well with watching what you eat. Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!