“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Friday, July 26, 2013

Scrappy trips, zendoodle, recycled shirts and Traffic Jam quilt

 This post is about the projects I have been working on this past week............
I started quilting the scrappy trips with #4 stitch on my Bernina...
 This is the largest quilt I have ever quilted....
Roll the extra fabric....adjust the tiny area to sew....sew....readjust....over and over...
I am loving this quilt even more....and am getting used to the routine of machine quilting it...
 Page from my creative journal where I used some distress inks for the background...
 I just got this new book and am really enjoying it so far.....
 Our Tuesday bee group is gathering recycled shirts and making quilts...
These are some of my blocks I have done so far....
Pat Sloan's Traffic Jam pattern....
I am trying out the sashing in this photo....
I had the strips on the table using it for my Brambleberry Friends quilt and thought I would check it for a possibility for this quilt...
The sewing of the recycled shirts blocks and Traffic Jam were sewn previous weeks...
but this week I am cutting out more strips and blocks for them between the quilting scrappy trips.....
Never a dull moment.....I always have fun projects to do!!!

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

2 comments:

  1. Love your shirt blocks and the sashing for traffic jam looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are brave attacking that big quilt on your DSM.
    Traffic Jam looks great! Love your Shirt blocks.
    You sure are getting lots done.
    Happy sewing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!