“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Saturday, April 13, 2013

tutorial for cardmaking with stitching

 Here is a card I made several days ago and I learned a lot in the process...
I haven't made any cards for awhile and had no idea what I was going to make...
I have a hard time coming up with my own design and need to get ideas from other people ...
To start I decided to pick a flower stamp and stamp on fabric and stitch the lines...
(I had done this with another flower stamp on fabric in Dec 2010.)
For the top and back I used antique dots fabric and batting between the layers...
I stamped with Fabrico sky mist fabric ink on both of the fabrics stamped on this card...
the thread on the flower is Rainbow #838 varigated...

Stamps I used for this card:
Hero Arts CG134
Hero Arts CG119
Memory Box B1354
Verses MC0330-D

After stitching I applied Smooch grape soda accent pearlized ink (has an applicator)...
I like the way it shows the dots in the fabric....the photo shows it applied on one petal...
I used Smooch gold lame for the center....
Distress Ink dusty concord for the saying and butterfly....
I looked on flickr for inspiration and got an idea from jillianavery8222
here
I stitched the fabrics by folding it over a piece of cardstock...
then I used a paper strip of Memory Box enchanted in the center to cover the fabric ends...

Things I need to do better next time:
  • figure out a way to keep the fabric tight to the back of the cardstock before stitching 
  • trim off the corners of the fabric to take away the bulk
  • check my thread so I don't run out at a spot that shows on the card
  • use a different stitch to put on the center paper that isn't so close together
  • be sure to check if all of the center is stitched before stopping
  • find a button for the center of the flower
  • add some glitter or sparkle
  • lightly smear some ink around the edges of the small paper with the words
Smiles and hugs....Caryl

3 comments:

  1. Caryl I love the card. I too am a card maker and will have to give this a try. Thank you for the great information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - all your effort really payed of here - beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caryl, Love your card and ideas. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!