“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

To-Do Tuesday #49 and Log Cabin Loonies

 Today is To-Do Tuesday #49   and I am linking with Roseanne at Home Sewn by Us 

Progress from last week:

To-Do Tuesday week of January 12 through January 18:
  1. Kawandi table runner do some hand stitching every day
  2. Make decision on fabrics for Bonnie Hunter mystery and continue making pieces for blocks
  3. Log Cabin Loonies....get more strips, etc ready for the next step


I also did some other small projects.  I watched Beth on her You Tube channel....my sewing room.  I made a scrappy 10" block using a foundation fabric with the center on point.  I also made a napkin starting with two 12" pieces of fabric stitched together.  These two fabrics are part of a bunch of fabric that was donated to me.  


I did a blog post two days ago with an updated photo of my third Kawandi and also links to the previous posts about the first two.

I made a decision on the Bonnie Hunter mystery to use colors (green, gold and orange) for the sashing mixed in with the gray.  I may use the all gray strips around the outside border of the quilt.



I have been working on the log cabin blocks....Log Cabin Loonies got the next step this last week.  The photo shows some of the first round blocks.  
JulieKQuilts is the leader of all the log cabin lunatics.....join us!


   
To-Do Tuesday week of January 19 through January 25:
  1. Do hand stitching every day on my Kawandi table runner
  2. Grassy Creek quilt blocks
  3. Log Cabin Loonies make more of the first round
  4. Make some more napkins in a larger size.
I am linking to Roseanne's  Home Sewn By Us


Join in on the fun and post your to-do list for the week...........

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

10 comments:

  1. Oh pretty! We are working on the very same quilts...so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caryl! You did great on your list from last week. I love your choices for Grassy Creek. The log cabin blocks just make me smile. Thanks for linking up today. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. You picked great colors/fabrics for the Bonnie Hunter Mystery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. going through my fabrics I have all over the house with Bonnie's suggested paint chips!

      Delete
  4. Love your log cabins and especially the name of the group - lol! The colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on all the check marks on your goal list last week. And, here's hoping you are well along on the list for this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!