“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Thursday, September 1, 2011

September

September 1961 was a very important month in my life!! I graduated from nurses training on the 1st and got married two weeks later!! It seems like those 50 years have passed so quickly!! I graduated from Iowa Methodist School of Nursing... This year the president of the alumni with the help of some of my classmates.... made a most wonderful Memory Book.... we sent in photos of us and our families... and told about what we all did these past 50 years.....this book is priceless!! So many of us in the class got married just before or just after graduation.... now we are all celebrating our 50th wedding anniversaries..... My husband and I are starting to get anniversary cards.... so the anniversary celebration has begun.... I will be posting our wedding photo in another post this month... Smiles and hugs....Caryl

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Busy month for you. Happy Anniversary. Happy anniversary of your graduation.

    I graduated from Nursing school in 1978. (ADN) and in 1994 (BSN) I started Grad school but working full time,having kids at home, and ther home to take care of was a bit much. So I dropped out and took up quilting instead. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your upcoming 50th anniversary!!! Somehow, the years have a way of flying, don't they?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!