“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Crazy mini quilt and To-Do Tuesday #69

 

Goals from this past week 
  • something creative every day to post to IG and also to my FB creative happenings workshop group
  • make a fall mini quilt to hang on my vintage wall shelf


I have posted every day following the challenge by Joanne Sharpe online class to make some kind of creative play artwork every day.  I am posting to my carylquilts IG with  #mojowithjojo.  

I am only showing 3 of the projects in this blog post that I posted on IG and in my FB group.  I could post to my FB cinnamon holiday workshop blog group also (in addition to the FB creative happenings workshop group) if anyone is interested.

I have been wanting to make another Three Crazy Sisters quilt.  The pattern is by Joe Cunningham on Craftsy.  I decided to make the strips smaller so the blocks would be smaller and only make 6 blocks.  I saw two fabrics in my stash I had received from a quild prize many years ago....yep...that is what I want to try.  AND whoa.....it turned out really crazy!!!  But I love it!!

Here is the finished mini quilt and the back.  It is reversible so I can change it this fall.  The fabric on the back is printed offline so I will use my paints and fix it.



I did straight quilting on the front with just the batting first and varied the space between lines.  Here is the front and back photos.before I trimmed off the edge of the batting.



Here is a photo of it now on my vintage wall shelf.

Update with a photo of the two fabrics I used to make the crazy mini quilt.  It will certainly explain why it has a very different look!



This week I also did some FMQ words and images on muslin.  The next photo shows some different things I did on the muslin.and I might use some of it on a journal page or journal tag.


The next photo is a start of a project from a Craftsy class by Heather Thomas.  FMQ inside of circles and then paint.  I should have used a white muslin for this....BUT this pink fabric was all ready for FMQ practice! 

I also did some doodling on watercolor pages and I posted on IG something every day.

AND here are goals for next week:

  • do something creative every day to post on IG with hashtag mojowithjojo  and also post in my FB creative happenings workshop group
  • finish the Circle project with FMQ and paint

I am linking to To-Do Tuesday at   Chris Knits


Come join in the fun

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!