“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Tuesday, February 2, 2021

To-Do Tuesday #51 and Log Cabin Loonies

 Today is To-Do Tuesday #51  and I am linking with Roseanne at Home Sewn by Us 

Progress from last week:

To-Do Tuesday week of January 26 through February 1:
  1. Keep stitching Kawandi table runner every day
  2. Grassy Creek quilt blocks
  3. Log Cabin Loonies blocks✅ 
  4. Do some free motion quilting
  Here is a photo of some of the log cabin blocks in different stages...checking to see if I want to turn every other block for a different possible layout!


Julie at JulieKQuilts is the leader of all the log cabin lunatics.....join us!

No other photos of my other goal projects. 

I started some new projects....I got the idea to make a mat to put under my mixer to make it easier to move on my counter.  I saw this on another blog.  
AND I started another improv small quilt.

The next photo is from my creative journal/art journal documenting the end of December and first of January.  I am in a fun FB group where everyone shares their decorative journal pages.



AND here is a photo of a beautiful plant that a neighbor gave me last weekend for happy new year!



To-Do Tuesday week of February 2 through February 8:
  1. Grassy Creek Bonnie Hunter quilt...get all the directions I need because the posts with all the directions, tips and photos will be going away on Feb 12
  2. FMQ 4 times this week
  3. Log Cabin Loonies...add the next 6½" strips and make more blocks
  4. Mat for under my mixer using Blueberry Park fabric

I am linking to Roseanne's  Home Sewn By Us


AND go check out the others that link to this site

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

12 comments:

  1. I love your lunatic blocks! You are organized and focused!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your log cabin blocks, nice to see a different center with the hour glass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Caryl! Your log cabin blocks look great! I like that mini hourglass block as the center in all of them. Your journal is cool - is it to log all of your life events including quilting or do you exclude quilting from this journal? Your new plant looks fab and very, very happy! Thanks for linking up this week and good luck on your list. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roseanne...my journal is a mixture of daily events and my projects and quotes...anything I feel like putting on the pages! I am trying to print out more of my photos and put them in my journal or on my blog.

      Delete
  4. What pretty log cabin blocks - I love those colors. That's a cute journal page. I used to keep a journal, and I used to doodle on the pages. I have gotten out of the habit, and I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda...you need to get back to your journal! It is fun and the days I miss writing or doodling is a forgotten day!

      Delete
  5. Log Cabin Lunatics? You mean, there are MORE of us?!! Hah! I have to go see what that is all about, now! I love the QST block center of your log cabins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love being part of the Log Cabin Loonies. I like all kinds of log cabin blocks and when others are making them too....it is more fun!

      Delete
  6. Nice neighbor! Beautiful start on the log cabins, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan....
      I thinks all kinds of log cabin blocks are fun to make!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!