“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mother's Day Slow Sunday Stitching and a finish

It was quite a different Mother's Day not being able to get together with our family!
I spent the afternoon on the patio stitching the binding on a mini quilt and got it finished.

I am linking this post to Slow Sunday Stitching.. 


The mini quilt is asymmetric log cabin.  It is from a Bluprint class by Suzy Williams.   I blogged about it in April and also I blogged about it last year.  It is from the class
Fabric Play:  Sewing Mojo Minis   




The class is a series of four little minis and not done with binding.  She framed them with the batting showing.  
There is machine quilting and hand quilting on this quilt and I really like the combination.
I decided to add a binding and not leave it with just batting showing.  Most of the quilting was done with just the batting.
Here is the back of the quilt
Here is a photo of the 2 mini quilts taken last month and I blogged about them then.
They should both be about the same size..........it was an improv quilt and I kept making my strips too large and it got larger than the first one!  
It doesn't look balanced....but will look better on the wall when I put another one next to it!!


I am also linking to  Oh Scrap!

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

4 comments:

  1. This is such a fun quilt. A lovely finish. Yes, Mother's Day this year was strange not being to celebrate with our families. Sitting on the patio stitching the binding onto your quilt does sound like a pleasant way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim.....the afternoon was very nice on the patio with needle and thread!

      Delete
  2. Love the finish. I think you did good to put binding on it. I didn't care for the batting showing myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki...I will probably bind the other one too and hang it on the wall with this one. Now I need to make another small one to add to the group!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!