“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Monday, February 11, 2019

scrappy strips, Gypsy Wife and mug rug

 Projects I am working on this past week.  I did 3 more blocks for the scrappy strips around the cabin and I might make these blocks a little larger.  I am making different size blocks and I will see how it all fits.  Just....deciding as I go.  That is the fun way to make blocks.............
 Another block for the Gypsy Wife quilt along....square in a square.
Hugs and kisses mug rug in progress.  I did some stamping and then added pieces of fabric.  I started coloring the hearts with an Inktense pencil.  AND I want to add glitter.  I added some fabric medium to stickles on a fabric sample and that is what I will add to this.  I should have done the finishing on the stamped areas first BEFORE I added the rest of the pieces....but I was in a hurry to see how it looked.  Now I am practicing on scrap pieces of fabric so I don't ruin this piece!

Linking to
https://quiltingismorefunthanhousework.blogspot.com/2019/02/oh-scrap-yellow.html

https://conniekresin.com/2019/02/linky-tuesday-february-12th-2019.html

http://www.myquiltinfatuation.com/2019/02/moving-right-along-and-ntt.html

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

2 comments:

  1. Nice progress on your projects. That mug rug is going to be SEW sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love stamping on fabric but struggle with finishing....today I did call the mug rug finished as I quilted it and a did a little more coloring. I did post on IG this morning and will share about it on this blog.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!