“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Thursday, January 19, 2012

January FMQ Challenge and TNT Thursday

This is my entry in the SewCalGal 2012 FMQ Challenge. I have enjoyed this design and will keep practicing but decided to submit my sample today. My previous quilting style was rambling....so it was difficult at first to focus on just doing one design.
I got brave and decided to do more than practice...just put it on a "real project". I have this UFO since 2007 (it is on my FIU list and I have blogged about it before) and it has been on the wall with push pins waiting to be finished!
I am also linking to Melissa's TNT Thursday as this is a new design to add to my quilts. I added the heart-shaped leaf design to the light blue border. If anyone is thinking about doing free motion quilting...my advice is to "JUST DO IT"!! Practicing 15 minutes every day helps a lot! AND it is really fun! Smiles and hugs....Caryl

6 comments:

  1. I love the heart leaf design!!! It looks fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FMQ is on my list of resolutions this year. Must get to work on the Challenge project myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hearts look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your wall hanging, and your FMQ..great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your wall hanging - a great FMQ :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!