“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Saturday, June 12, 2010

next part of D4P tutorial

In the previous post I started the D4P tutorial...
the 4 charm squares were sewn together into a 4 patch...
then with 4 cuts it became a 9 patch (9 pieces)...
I used 3 different fabrics instead of 2 fabrics...
(google for disappearing 4 patch tutorial)

next is my method of finishing...
leave the 4 outside squares as they are...
move the center outside sections as follows:
left to the right and the right to the left
top to the bottom and the bottom to the top
then turn the center square 180 degrees...

sew the sections together...

I like how this turned out...
Smiles and hugs, Caryl

6 comments:

  1. This is very cool! I am going to have to try this one soon! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do, too, really moves the eye around! Love these fabrics, too - just in time for 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great block! I love your turning suggestion for the fabrics. I think the eye would really move across a quilt of these blocks. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great pics , great tut, thank you very much for sharing, I could not help and started sharing it with my German readers as well, certainly not without sharing your link:)
    btw I am using the same fabrics for my recent wip, crazymom's star quiltalong

    ReplyDelete
  5. great pics , great tut, thank you very much for sharing, I could not help and started sharing it with my German readers as well

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!