“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Saturday, February 8, 2020

FMQ on improv quilt

I am doing practice FMQ on the improv browns tabletopper!!
This is 14 x 57 and I started on the right end in about 10" and started with crazy matrix.  I have done this design before and blogged about it.  A design by Leah Day.
I had used the walking foot for the other tabletoppers I have made...but after one stitchng line on this one I decided I would switch to the BSR and that worked better.  I didn't want to turn the quilt each time.  It was easy to turn the smaller quilts I had done before and easier to control moving the quilt.

On this quilt.....I ended up going past the line on some areas and just filled in some random things....I will go back and fill in more and it won't stand out so much!!

The next photo is a design I am doing for the first time!  AND I am doing it without trying it on paper first!!  If this were any other quilt I would always practice on paper and another fabric practice piece.  BUT this quilt will be 5' above the floor and actually not very visible. 
click on the link by Leah Day
Open heart tutorial
It is a fun design without closing the heart and doing echoing.  I know I can do better with practice and this design will be one I use in the future.  Some of my hearts I ended up closing and not leaving open...

Linking to Free Motion Mavericks   week 266

Now I have to hurry up and do some more quilting before the BB game later this afternoon.  Our SD Aztecs are 23 and 0 and they are so fun to watch.  There will be no quilting during their games!! 

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

2 comments:

  1. Hi Caryl, those are great FMQ designs. Isn't it fun sometimes to just go for it and FMQ without the usual practice? I probably do that more often than I should but I'm usually pretty impressed with how it turns out. I haven't seen the Open Hearts design before - I'll have to take a look!
    Thanks so much for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks - I'm sorry that I'm behind with the comments...I'm trying to catch up :-) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andree.....it seems scary to not practice first....but it was fun this way and the goofs don't really show that much!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!