“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Some small finishes plus more

 Finished crazy improv miniquilt made to fit on top of old cabinet made by my father-in-law many years ago.  It is a cherished piece of furniture in our bedroom and I decided it needed a colorful top.
I blogged about the start of this miniquilt in my July 1 post here

Photos as I was putting it together.  A very fun process of making quilts.  Craftsy class by Jacquie Gering.
Then I decided to make a little potholder with some leftover pieces.
A finish from last month is the little red and aqua mug rug...plain but I love it!
Back of the mug rug....these are fabrics by Pat Sloan.
And I made another Solstice block....I have 9 made and not even half done with them yet!

For those who like to make log cabin blocks...................
Remember the log cabin loonies?   Julie is back with a 14 week sew along making 4" blocks.
The link to her blog post today is here 

More to share....another day....

Link to Freemotion by the River   Linky Tuesday

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

3 comments:

  1. Your projects are so pretty - and useful! Plain? No...very pretty and that backing fabric is so fun! I saw your Disappearing Jelly Roll Rails Quilt and love the idea! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!