“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Saturday, July 7, 2018

Creative Bliss!!

 Fun day of creating from one thing to the next!  My favorite walking foot quilting.  In the photo I am quilting a mug rug.
 I put a wad of old rubber bands together and dipped in acrylic paint and pounce on a piece of old folder and then in my creative journal for a background.  Yesterday I did the deep lilac and let it dry and today true red using same wad of rubber bands.
 Polka dots and little lines with pearlescent paint in my Midori for a background.
 Photo shows making patchwork paper to use in my journals.
 This photo is from what I did several days ago....trying to make a corner block for the mug rug.  I need more practice in machine quilting...(it didn't look as good as the one I did last year).   I turned it into a sample to practice different techniques. I used Dye-na-Flow ink from the bottle with a dot on first then I used a liner brush.  I tried an Inktense pencil with aloe gel and with fabric medium.  The one I like best is with a Copic marker.


And last is a photo from our walk this past week at Lake Miramar.  I like the way the sun was shining on the water and making it sparkle!
Smiles and hugs....Caryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!