“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Monday, February 4, 2019

friendship bag, Gypsy Wife and scrappy strips

 Here is the friendship bag I finished today.  It is part of an ugly fabric challenge...but I don't think the fabric is ugly!  I used the "ugly" fabric in the strips, the bottom and the lining.
 I used the tutorial from psiquilt.  This photo shows when it was ready to quilt.  I used Bosal to make the bag stiffer than batting.
 Right sides clipped together to sew the lining and the bag.
 I took the plastic insert out of my sewing table to make joining the two pieces sooooo much easier.  I have made bags before and have never thought of taking out that plastic piece.  I am mentioning this because there might be others who haven't thought of it.

In this photo I used a flash to get a brighter photo.
 This photo is the hourglass with 2 borders in the Gypsy Wife quilt I am making.  I joined the 2019 Gypsy Wife quiltalong.  It just started this last Saturday.
 This is a simple block to make.....we have great tutorials in this group to help everyone.
 I had to take a photo of the back...."spin" the seam to make the seams lay down so nice.
The last photo I call scrappy strips around the cabin blocks.  I am using up scraps to do log cabin style piecing and the blocks will be different sizes.

Linking to   https://conniekresin.com/2019/02/linky-tuesday-february-5th-2019.html

https://quiltingismorefunthanhousework.blogspot.com/2019/02/oh-scrap-kaffe-quilt-progress.html

http://www.myquiltinfatuation.com/2019/02/studio-inspiration-and-ntt.html

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

10 comments:

  1. I am making scrappy strips around the cabin blocks too! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shasta...there is something fun about making log cabin quilts!

      Delete
  2. Your log cabin quilt looks so intriguing. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided to call these little scrappy strips blocks around the cabin because I like to do that style! I also like to bring some of the strips around to the next row....fun fun fun!

      Delete
  3. Great quilt blocks and your little basket is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love making simple baskets! Yours is adorable. Don't you love the spin that the seams make?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jayne...thank you for commenting. I forget how easy these baskets are to make and fun! Yes, the "spin" is so magical!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!