“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Sunday, February 12, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching

 I started another Kawandi....number 8 and it is a mug rug like the last two I made.


I am not not concerned about the rows being straight or my stitches being the same.  I like it perfectly imperfect....makes it so much more fun then perfect stitches! 

Here is the last Kawandi that I finished.


Last Tuesday at my quilt group I learned about a fun improv method of making blocks.  The photo shows the blocks I have made so far.


Check out Terry Rowland on You-Tube. Color wash quilt scraps challenge.  These are so fun to make with scraps and each block is trimmed to 3½".  She has several videos about these blocks.

Last Sunday late afternoon we drove down to the La Jolla to watch the sunset at the ocean.  I had checked the time of the full moon rise and it was close to the same time as the sunset time.  So we thought it would be an awesome thing to watch.  AND it was.  We watched as the sun disappeared into the ocean and then on our way back home we saw the full moon low on the horizon as it had just come up.  The sky was clear so we were able to view both of these....very special time for us.






 
I am linking to Kathy's Quilts Slow Sunday Stitching

4 comments:

  1. It's always magical to see the sun set over the ocean. Those improv blocks are alive with fabulous colour and pattern. How fun they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love going to the ocean! Such fun blocks to make and fun to go through my scraps of fabric!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!