“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Monday, October 29, 2012

Placemats with pumpkins

 This is a continuation of the previous posts.  I am using the jelly roll Awesome...
I put a backing piece and front piece with right sides together with batting and sewed around the edge...
I left about a 6" space open to turn inside out and then stitched along the top edge...
I just quilted the pumpkin....not sure what else to quilt on the placemat...
I see the top left line in the pumpkin needs more of a curve in it....yikes...
I used a swirly orange fabric for the pumpkin which isn't part of the Awesome...
but the stem is part of the Awesome fabric line...
 Here is the placemat before I put on the pumpkin...
This is another placemat I made...
I have tons of pairs of squares sewn together to make more projects...
These are a lot of fun and quick and very easy!
Smiles and hugs....Caryl

1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!