“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Last quilt finish of 2019 and December stuff

 This is a jellyroll quilt called Slice.  It is from a tutorial by the fatquartershop.
It measures 40x40 and is very fun to make.  I used Sandy Gervais WellSaid fabric.
 The back is Winnie the Pooh fabric.

WARNING....this blog post has a lot of photos......

The next photos are quilts in progress by my friends from the retreat we went on the first part of December. 








  The following are some of the things I worked on at the retreat......
I used 4" pieces of fabric and did strip piecing and then added borders.  I used mostly scraps of Laurel Burch fabrics I have had for awhile.
I put batting separate on the front and on the back and did quilting before I sewed them together.
 I finished 6 of these for gifts after I got home from the retreat. 

 The following photo is the design wall placing charm squares for Oh My Stars quilt.  Pattern is by Pat Sloan.
 Here is a photo of the paint chips for Bonnie Hunter mystery plus fabric.  We went to a fabric shop during the retreat and I found some more fabric for doing the Frolic quilt.  Today Bonnie gave the 6th clue.  There is still time to join in on the fun.

AND today is the last day for the early bird special for the Joanne Sharpe 2020 online class.
2020 Artfully Inspired Life.  Painting...lettering....collages.......and more......VERY FUN!!!

That's it for 2019.............

I put my favorite quilt finish for 2019 on Instagram.....It was one I had started 10 years ago and finally finished!        WHAT is YOUR favorite quilt finish for 2019?    #favoritequiltfinish2019

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

2 comments:

  1. The Slice quilt does look like some quick fun! I am curious about the third photo of your friends projects at retreat. The wonkiness of it looks fun-do you know the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki...I lot of people at the retreat from other groups that came to visit really liked the Slice quilt. I am not sure about that wonkie quilt if it has a name. I will let you know when I find out. I know she put two fabrics together and cut both together and then sewed them alternating pieces.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!