“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Friday, September 1, 2017

projects and food photos

 The time is flying and here it is September already!
I worked on 8 different quilty projects in August but no finishes.  The top photo shows some of the Strip Maze blocks. I have 30 blocks done and squared and ready to lay out and sew together.
The next photo was a mystery that I have to this point....and it is ready to quilt.  I just have to decide on how to quilt the star centers.  More photos when I actually finish some projects!!
 ~~~~~~~~~~~Weight Watchers lifestyle~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 WW is unique...not a diet but a lifestyle...a method to  choose foods that are smart.  They call it smart points!
Denny's Wild Alaska salmon skillet is very delicious and is one of my choices when we eat there.
 This is my English muffin egg breakfast that I have twice a week.  It is 5 smart points.  I use 1/4 cup of Jimmy Dean turkey sausage crumbles, ReddiEgg 1/2 cup, and fat free cheese on a Thomas Light multigrain English muffin.
 El Pollo double chicken avocado salad 9 sp with light creamy cilantro dressing 3 sp.
This is a really filling lunch that is really good.  Papa Pita with pb fit and banana and broccoli and balsalmic.  Also apple pieces.  All for 7 smart points.  I usually just have 1/2 banana and pbfit on a light piece of toast with apple slices for lunch most days. AND that is only 2 smart points.

The most important thing when going out to eat is to have a PLAN.  Know what you are going to order before you get there.  AND if you don't know the menu before you get there....be sure to check the points BEFORE ordering!  The WW app on my iPhone is great and has helped me so much.

There are so many good ideas for delicious low point foods and so many websites with recipes.  Another day I will add some links.

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

4 comments:

  1. I love the strip maze blocks, gotta put that on my wish list to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute quilt ideas. Want to hear more about WW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trish...I will post WW stuff once in awhile. WW Connect is very active.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!