“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Microwave Bowl Holder

 My sister Marilyn gave me a microwave bowl holder that she made....
And then she showed me how to make one...
 I used Tim Holtz fabrics and cut 11" squares of two fabrics and
11" squares of pellon Wrap-N-Zap....
 In the photo Marilyn is making an X from corner to corner....
You do this on each fabric with the batting on the wrong side of the fabric...
Sew an X corner to corner on both....
 Here she is marking the darts at the center of one side 1" in and 2½" down....
You do this for each side of each piece....
 Stitch all the darts and cut the excess off....
Then put right sides together and stitch all the way around leaving a 3" opening to turn...
Stitch next to the edge all around....
here is the inside of the bowl...
And here is the outside of the bowl..
My sister's neighbor made over 200 of these and sold them for $7.50 each!

Let me know if you make one of these and also if you have any questions.  Be sure to use 100% cotton fabric and no metallic in the fabric that goes in the microwave.

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

Links to Linky Party Tuesday, finish it up Friday and Link a Finish Friday.
Will also link to Needle and Thread Thursday.

6 comments:

  1. Go Iowa State Cyclones. Can you tell where I am from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial and I've made a couple to fit bigger bowls we use also. Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea! These would make great gifts as well!

    Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can I order some microwave bowl holders. A women was selling them at the Trenton Street Fair during the end of June 2014, and I would like to order about 10 more of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!