“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Thursday, May 9, 2013

some projects today and one with stamped fabric

 I haven't been able to do anything creative since the weekend...
I usually do something creative every day......
Sooooo today I wanted to do some sewing...
I decided to make a mug rug and started cutting and sewing fabric...
not finished yet....photos are pieces layed out.....
 I stitched a flower I had stamped on fabric...it is Hero Arts CL375...
 I used a sharpie marker for the black parts and I am using Smooch sassy pink on the petals.....
ALSO.....today I was cutting some squares for making a Traffic Jam quilt....
Pat Sloan has a free pattern on her blog and I have been wanting to make it...
I will use gray for the 4.5" squares and the 2.5" squares will be scrappy....
For some of the blocks I will use Pat's Nikki fabrics that I purchased many years ago...
I am going to stop saving my fabrics and USE them.....

Life is short....get busy and do the things now you have been planning for someday....
That is just what I am doing....

I am linking to Pat Sloan Show and Tell....

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

2 comments:

  1. Cute flower. I have my pieces cut for traffic jam (might need more) but I haven't sewn yet. Look forward to seeing yours coming together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous mix of fabrics on your mug rug and I love what you've done with the stamped flower! Great advice on using fabrics rather than saving them - I really should do that too:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!