“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Monday, January 31, 2011

postage stamp giddy


the postage stamp quilt along is so fun...
it started with 2 jelly rolls...
giddy by Sandy Gervais and white...
purchased online at FatQuarterShop.com...

sorted fabrics and sewed strips following Rachel's instructions...

cut the strips into segments....

more photos on flickr in the postage stamp quilt along...
and there is a lot of activity in this group...

We were out of town and I am really behind...
working on making the blocks now...
I need 48 blocks for the quilt...
to speed things up I decided NOT to pin the seams...
just butt them up and hold and sew...
it should speed up the process...
I have ALWAYS pinned before....
so hoping the quilt police don't come after me!!

some of the group have the top complete...
quilt alongs are fun...
if you haven't tried one....be sure to look for one to join!!
Smiles and hugs....Caryl

4 comments:

  1. Wow! So very pretty, love the colors! I wish I had this talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! love this. Love your block for your blog too! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fabrics!! Can't wait to see the quilt come together. I will have to join a sew a long

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty...and the police won't come and get you...I may not own any pins!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!