“Friendship, love, health, energy, enthusiasm, and joy
are the things that make life worth living and exploring.” ~ Denise Austin

Saturday, May 22, 2010

crockpot supper and FIU


ham and beans in the crockpot...
with some artisan whole grain bread from Costco...yummmm...
makes me feel like the cook I used to be (hee-hee)...

I am calling the gardenkeeper done....
did stitch in the ditch on the borders...
stitched close to the applique designs...
then hand quilted around the seed packets on the outside borders...
added a button and 2 carnation rosettes for flowers...
2005 to 2010....done!!

I am at a standstill on finishing this little quilt....
I don't want to quilt it around the design...
I will be putting a black binding on the edge...

Smiles and hugs....Caryl

4 comments:

  1. Supper looks delicious......your new header is fabulous (love those wonderful bright fabrics).......good for you for finishing up the garden quilt.....and yes, I think you need to bring in the black again for binding. Love coming here to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute garden quilt! I love that you gave the date you started. Thank you for that. I love it because I have so many UFO's that take years to "grow up" and become a finished project. :-) For the little quilt, I think Lin is right that black needs to be brought in for the binding. As far as quilting goes, you could just "stitch in the ditch" and then the quilting would not take away from the design. That's my 2cents worth. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Lin and Sandi for your comments and input. I really appreciate your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your finishes look great - especially that beautiful Carol Doak star!
    I'm drooling over the crockpot dish - excellent comfort food.
    Happy Holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!!